I’m going to try a small extension to the ComicShowTables remit: SpareTables.
Occasionally, due to various reasons, a table will go vacant at the last minute. Sometimes it falls upon the convention to fill this gap, sometimes it falls to the absent attendee.
ComicShowTables will now be used to find people for these tables. Here’s the details:
- This will be a WEEKLY collected digest email sent out on Thursdays.
- This will collect notices sent in over the previous 7 days. Late submissions (i.e. after that week’s email has gone out) will not be given a special email, sorry.
- Submissions can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org (best method), @ComicShowTables , or through the submission form. I won’t copy public notices I see people make unless specifically requested to do so.
- When submitting a request, please include the name of the con, the preferred contact details for yourself, and the price for the table (if any)
- If there are no notices for a week, there’ll be no email.
- The subject of the digest will contain [SpareTables] (so you can set up a filter to ignore these if you like)
All of the above are subject to tweaks as we see how this works in practice (and if it just doesn’t work, I’ll quietly pull the plug)
Hope this is helpful 🙂
P.S. As always, please let me know if you are aware of a con open for table booking ComicShowTables.co.uk hasn’t yet covered. I’m going to be quite busy over the next month or its quite likely I’ll miss a show or two.
P.P.S. If you’d be interested in being involved in some of the backstage administration behind ComicShowTables, please let me know.